GENERAL AUDITION INFORMATION
TheatreMidwest generally holds Open Auditions for roles in fully-staged productions and Fresh Produce concert readings. Auditions usually follow the format below, though are subject to change.
- AUDITIONING: 60 second monologue of your own choosing is preferred but not required. Cold readings available onsite (maybe from these plays, maybe not.) In any case, you might be asked to read from the script/s of these plays.
- Read the posted information on the linked page about the plays carefully.
- Sign up for an audition time at the link provided.
- After you have booked a time, you will get a separate email inviting you to the Audition Form page. Please fill it out as completely as possible.
- Please plan to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your time-slot for in-person auditions; 5 to 10 minutes prior for online auditions.
- Callbacks may or may not be needed.
- Casting offers will be made ASAP by email or by phone-call.
- Cast lists will be posted publicly ASAP on website and Facebook page.
- Although some individual contacts may be made, public postings will serve as notification to those who are not cast.
- FINANCIALS: We are a "sharing" company in that the creative artists and the company receive a share of finances remaining after fixed costs (royalties, design/technical elements, rent, etc.) Income will derive from crowd-sourcing campaign/s, donations, gifts, and ticket sales--the larger those proceeds, the greater the value of a 'share.' This includes FRESH PRODUCE concert readings.
TheatreMidwest is committed to this strategy that reduces cost barriers that keep the public from seeing live theatre.
FRESH PRODUCE concert readings are always free admission.
FULL PRODUCTIONS - up to 1/3 of all tickets available for FREE, escalating pricing for pre-reserving seats, community encouragement to aid this mission.
Donations always kindly accepted.